Industry 4.0 v/s Scada V/s IOT
IOT AND INDUSTRY 4.0 targets plant monitoring to Iróñ out inefficiency and improve oeee
What is IoT? The Internet of Things (IoT) its network of physical object “things”—that have sensors, software, for connecting and exchanging data with other devices and systems over the internet.
Industry 4.0 is the concept where in all shop floor cavities are monitored and data handshake is done with the IT information technology ,be it’s a ERP like oracle ,sap or a database to plan production schedule and predict plant maintenance and have control over inventories.
How IOT can benefit you as a busineess owner
Dear Business Owner,
I would be delighted to explain the concept of the Internet of Things (IoT) and its potential benefits, as well as its pros and cons.
The Internet of Things refers to a network of interconnected physical devices, vehicles, appliances, and other objects embedded with sensors, software, and connectivity capabilities. These devices can collect and exchange data, enabling them to interact and communicate with each other, as well as with users, over the internet.
Benefits of IoT for businesses in India:
1. Operational efficiency: this allows businesses to gather real-time data from various sources, enabling better monitoring, control, and optimization of operations. It can streamline processes, improve resource utilization, and enhance productivity, ultimately leading to cost savings.
2. Improved decision-making: With IoT-generated data, businesses can gain valuable insights into their operations, customer behavior, and market trends. This data-driven decision-making helps in identifying patterns, predicting outcomes, and making informed strategic choices, thereby improving business outcomes.
3. Enhanced customer experience: IT enables businesses to offer personalized and context-aware experiences to their customers. By collecting data from IoT devices, companies can understand customer preferences, provide customized products or services, and offer timely support, resulting in increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
4. Remote monitoring and maintenance: IT facilitates remote monitoring and maintenance of assets, equipment, and infrastructure. Businesses can track performance, detect anomalies, and receive real-time notifications, allowing them to proactively address issues, minimize downtime, and optimize maintenance schedules.
5. Supply chain optimization: IT can improve supply chain visibility and efficiency. By utilizing sensors and connected devices, businesses can monitor inventory levels, track shipments, optimize logistics, and streamline the overall supply chain process, reducing costs and enhancing responsiveness.
Pros of IoT:
a. Automation and efficiency: IT enables automation of tasks, leading to increased efficiency and productivity.
b. Cost savings: IT can help reduce operational costs through optimized resource utilization, predictive maintenance, and energy management.
c. Competitive advantage: Early adoption and effective utilization of IoT can provide a competitive edge in the market.
Cons of IoT:
a. Security risks: these devices can be vulnerable to cyber threats, raising concerns about data privacy and system security. Robust security measures must be in place to safeguard against potential breaches.
b. Interoperability challenges: As IT devices are manufactured by different vendors, ensuring compatibility and seamless integration between devices and systems can be challenging.
c. Scalability and complexity: As ITs ecosystems expand, managing a large number of devices and the associated data can become complex. Businesses need to carefully plan for scalability and address technical complexities.
It is crucial for businesses in India to assess their specific needs, security requirements, and implementation strategies before embracing IT. Engaging with IT experts, investing in robust infrastructure, and addressing potential challenges can help businesses leverage the benefits of IT successfully.
If you require further guidance or have specific questions regarding IT implementation for your business, feel free to reach out. We are here to assist you.
component we provide & engineer for IOT & Industry 4.0
A very verstaile & latest for factory automation needs be it a simple sequence control or Servo motor control using motion module or communicating with energy meter using Modbus protocol or SCADA connection using ethernet port
a full-featured SCADA/HMI software run on Windows system, it supports almost all the popular PLC device and can be used as an OPC server, a Modbus/ModbusTCP slave or a Bacnet/IP gateway.
xArrow can meet the requirements from single-user applications to complex Client/Server applications with redundancy, and user can use Android phone to browse the project.
for prcess automation projects we select,order ,supply & commission vaiour field instruments like vortex flowmeter ,coriollis massflowmeter, Differential Pressure Transmitter ,pressure transmitters .
Using 4 to 20 ma anaolog outputs along with HART protocols for easy communication to controller
Control Panels having plc , vfd & servo drives
We supply control panels for various application that connect the machine to the IOT
Engineering services start at the very beginning of the projects where we try to understand the clients idea of the automaton to eradicate the challenge they are facing be it chiller monitory ,or furnace monitoring or andon on the conveyor line.
Then we discuss and suggest and discuss and present the automation solution from proposal to execution all through our team